Billboard advertisement is one of the most effective forms of advertising and as such it should beautiful entertaining and great enough to captivate people’s attention.
Here are six ways to ensure your billboard has a high chance of being noticed;
- considering the fact that most people are on the move when they read billboards. So, around six words are all you need to get the message across. Concision is tough, but headlines that are in small paragraphs will not be read. With billboard advertising the message has to be simple and clear. Image ads are also great on billboards. Remember Get creative and avoid being
- illboards are aimed at drivers, bikers, cyclists or pedestrians that is why you have just a few seconds to get a message across. It is not ideal to put phone numbers or website addresses on a billboard ad because 99.9% of the people won’t have the time to get the number or address. A billboard is a secondary advertising medium, which means that it’s ideal for brand building and supporting a campaign. If you want a more direct conversation with your target audience then use print advertising, television, radio flyers, and websites and direct mail billboards.
- you want your billboard ad to get people’s attention, but you don’t want to be responsible for major or even minor accidents. So, while being distracting is important and essential in other mediums like TV or Print, it’s a different rule with billboard. Billboards have to be designed properly and appropriately.
- : Too often than not billboards messages get so cluttered with information that they lose effectiveness.Most billboard ads that are trying to be too clever or too smart will lose its audience. You don’t want billboards to make people scratch or begin to crack their heads to understand your message.
- More than one billboards in different locations very effective. Billboards are a mass market medium, but they need support. So, you want more than one, and you want as many eyes on them as possible. Every billboard has a rating, called Gross ratings points (GRP). It’s based on traffic, visibility, location, size and so on. This rating gives you a showing score between 1 and 100. If it’s 50, it means that at least 50% of the population in the area would see one of your boards at least once a day. If you have only one board, your impact chances are obviously less than if you have four or five. You also need to know the size, height, lighting and traffic flow.
- Durability: You should always know how long you want your billboards to be up. Knowing if your ad campaign is only designed to run a month or up to a year. It always depend on the message you brand is trying to pass across. It could be a promo or a television show like Gulder ultimate search or MTN project fame etc. because nothing looks bad like a stale or outdated billboard advertisement. You don’t want people to stop looking at your billboard ad because it’s been up there for so long and they are already used to it, or for your billboard ad to be faded with the faces ripped off. So always bear in mind the duration of your billboard ad campaign.
If you are thinking of advertising in Nigeria, please contact PoiseMedia Communications at www.poisemedianigeria.com or check our contact at the bottom of this blog. We can help you identify your market and reach them. We apply both BTL and ATL strategies to project our clients’ brands to the right audience. We can do same for you at very affordable price.
Business Development Officer
PoiseMedia Communications Ltd