For more than two decades magazines has been a vital and important way to reach customers and has overtime has proven its effectiveness in the advertising world.
Now the question most business owners are asking is if magazine is still an effective advertising method, if magazine can reach its targeted customers, if magazine can create brand awareness and drive sales, well the answer is yes.
Many customers still subscribe to magazines in Nigeria, Magazines like Thisday Magazine, Ovation Communications Magazine, Genevieve Magazine, Sports Magazine and many more.
Magazine should always be a part of your marketing mix and ad strategy.
Here are some benefits of using Magazines to advertise in Lagos;
- Quality and glossy pictures: Magazine advertising's major benefit to businesses is its ability to display higher quality images than either direct mail or newspaper. Higher quality images, represented with full color and gloss, allow a clearer picture of your product, giving the public a better idea of your company.
- Geography: Even for small businesses, you can advertise in the most widely read and distributed national magazines. National magazines often have regional versions of their magazines and/or sections dedicated to small businesses and specific locales.
- Demographics: Magazine advertising is targeted to a specific demographic. It engages readers in very personal ways. Such as people who belong to a certain trade or of a certain age group. By advertising in magazines within your industry, you are almost guaranteed to reach your intended audience.
- Longer Time Frame: Magazines are typically kept for a longer period of time than newspapers because of their higher printing quality. Libraries or cooperate organizations, for example, usually save magazines because they give people something to read while waiting in the reception. In addition, a reader of a magazine may keep an issue if it contains particularly interesting information. If you put an ad in a magazine, it is likely that someone will, through some circumstance, pick up the magazine several months from its print date and see your ad.
- Captures focused attention: The focused process of magazine reading leads to less media multi-tasking, ensuring single minded attention to advertising.
- Magazine advertising is still relevant and welcomed: Consumers value magazine advertising, reading it almost as much as the editorial itself. The ads are accepted as an essential part of the magazine mix.
- Credibility: Consumers trust magazines so much that they are the leading sources of information that readers recommend by word-of-mouth to others.
- Magazines offer a lasting message: Ads keep working 24/7. They provide a lasting, durable message with time to study a brand’s benefits. Consumers clip and save magazine ads for future reference.
- Magazine advertising enhances ROI: Allocating more money to magazines in the media and marketing mix improves marketing and advertising Return of Investment.
If you are thinking of advertising in Nigeria, please contact PoiseMedia Communications at www.poisemedianigeria.com or check our contact at the bottom of this blog. We can help you identify your market and reach them. We apply both BTL and ATL strategies to project our clients’ brands to the right audience. We can do same for you at very affordable price.
Business Development Officer
PoiseMedia Communications Ltd