Most companies and business owners have been using internet to advertise and market their product since the advent of the Internet, making it one of the most prominent medium to share information, promote offers or to create brand value and brand recall.
In order to advertise on the internet, first, you need to ask yourself, if your product, business or services needs internet advertising?You must know who your target audience is and if internet advertising is the best medium to reach them. You must also know the importance and benefits of internet advertising for better business prospects. Nonetheless, Internet advertising can be used by any business, large, medium or small.
Finding the right advertising medium and communicating your message in the right way is extremely important for any business to grow.
Here are five simple Internet Advertising Techniques that will help you reach your online target audience;
• Display Advertising (Pop-ups / Banners):This kind of advertising allows you to promote your product or brand on third party websites. You can choose to have pop-ups, static banners or animated flash banners on these websites depending on your requirement. You can also have audio or video ads, generating curiosity for your product or service. The main considerations in designing your ads are relevance, appeal and timing. If you have these three by your side, display advertising can be quite beneficial for you.
• Mailers:E-mail advertising has been quite famous over the last few years. If you look at your inbox, you will have multiple marketing mailer campaigns from various brands. E-mail advertising usually targets many customers at one go, and can be used to promote a new product or a discount offer, sale, new arrivals, etc. The most important factor in making your mail striking is the visual appeal, strong content, and an attractive offer or discount.
• Affiliate Marketing:Affiliate marketing is performance-based marketing where you can add your ads on websites and based on the visitors on their site, you get rewarded. The most common form of payment for affiliate marketing is pay per click, where you pay each time a consumer visits your ad. This kind of marketing is useful if you want to promote your brand on a large scale and have lower budgets.
• Social Media Marketing:Facebook has over 1.11 billion users across the world, which makes it an extremely attractive place to advertise. More and more brands are considering advertising on the social media since users spend a lot of time in the day on these social networking sites. If you are targeting youth, social media platforms are the best place to reach your consumers.
• Search Engine Marketing (SEM):Search Engine Marketing involves targeting those people who are looking for your product or service. You can place ads on Google and target them based on custom searches, so that you reach only those people who need your product or service at that time. This helps in maximum usage of your budget and minimum wastage. It is also a cost-effective medium and proves extremely useful.
If you are thinking of advertising in Nigeria, please contact PoiseMedia Communications at www.poisemedianigeria.com or check our contact at the bottom of this blog. We can help you identify your market and reach them. We apply both BTL and ATL strategies to project our clients’ brands to the right audience. We can do same for you at very affordable price.
Business Development Officer
PoiseMedia Communications Ltd