Advertising managers and business owners often times make costly mistakes when advertising or promoting their products. Many just waste money, time and advertising efforts only to achieve minimal results.
It is important to attract the attention of your prospects correctly. Make sure to avoid these common mistakes if you intend to get the most from your advertising campaign.
- Weak Marketing Message: Make sure your advertisement is precise enough but should also be communicable. It should include at least a 7-10 word description of whom you serve and the problems you solve so people who read or hear your ad know how you can help them. Discover how to find the right words to explain exactly how you help prospects.
- Poor website: Many business owners don’t take the time out to update their website. They direct prospects to a website with little or nothing content and information about the product. Make certain that once prospects get to your web site the content and visual organization moves them to take the action you want them to. Have a website that provides customers with ample opportunities to fill in your service inquiry form or any other activity. Use your website to convert prospects to clients and customers.
- Laying too much emphasis on the products: Your main concern should be the needs and wants of your customers. It shouldn’t be about how long you have been in business or what awards you have bagged, or your company’s profile. You should focus on how to get the attention of your prospects, their problems and how best to solve them. Show them benefit of using your products or services.
- Lack of drive and motivation: Lack of call to action, this falls to move prospects to action. If you want a prompt response from your prospects include an offer that motivates them to do so.
- Lack in Frequency: If you want your advertising to work, you need to ensure that your prospects see or hear it regularly. That’s because most people need to become familiar with your services and products before they can make purchase or interact and this most times takes time.
- Lack of follow up: Some business owners lack the “follow up” strategy, sometimes making a sale requires an email or making a phone call. It is very efficient to use the web, email, and the phone to follow up and close sales.
- Lack of tracking: Some business owners do not know how many sales or how much money they are making from their advertising campaign. It is advisable to know if you are making more from your advertising than you are spending, or if it’s the other way round. You need to know which of your ad technique has helped bring in the business. Always keep track of each and you’ll know where to spend your money in the future, which to implement more often and which to eliminate.
If you are thinking of advertising in Nigeria, please contact PoiseMedia Communications at www.poisemedianigeria.com or check our contact at the bottom of this blog. We can help you identify your market and reach them. We apply both BTL and ATL strategies to project our clients’ brands to the right audience. We can do same for you at very affordable price.
Business Development Officer
PoiseMedia Communications Ltd