It is a well known fact that the internet has become a part of many people's lives and there is no stopping the Internet anytime soon. Some companies are foregoing other traditional media for the internet and that’s because more people depend on internet for information and other requirements so it only makes sense that business mangers use this medium as a marketing tool.
Internet marketing is important because it aligns with the way consumers make purchasing decisions. Studies have shown that increasing numbers of consumers use social media and research on mobile Internet to carry out preliminary product and price research before making final decisions. Internet marketing enables you to build relations with customers and prospects through regular, low-cost personalized communication, reflecting the move away from mass marketing and much more.
Here are some reasons why internet marketing is important for your business;
- assume that social media is not suited to your business or that you don't have the time. With social media marketing, your customers or prospects won’t be limited to just people nearby or people who are already familiar with your brand but to the whole world. Create social media profiles (Facebook, twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram) because for every social media profile you add is another path leading back to your website, and every piece of content you syndicate on those profiles is another opportunity for a new visitor. The more quality content you syndicate on social media, the more inbound traffic you’ll generate, and more traffic means more leads and more conversions and more sales.
Consumers are online 24/7, whether it is 3pm or 3am internet ads can be seen by
a customer. Placing your products on the Internet is also convenient for
customers. They can browse your online store at any time and place orders when
it is convenient for them.
website's ranking in the search results of various search engines can
sometimes be affected by the size and influence of your social
network. As your social following grows, your visibility in
search engines may also increase. This is a common search engine
optimization (SEO) strategy. As such, being active on social media can act
as a “brand signal” to search engines that your brand is legitimate, credible,
- Affordability: Online advertising is generally cheaper than TV, radio or print. Creating
profiles and pages on Facebook and Twitter is quick, easy and free to do
If you can lend just one hour a day to developing your content and syndication strategy, you could start seeing the results of your efforts. Start small and you’ll never have to worry about going over budget, once you get a better feel for what to expect, you can increase your budget and increase your conversions correspondingly.
- "Personalization": Internet marketing enables companies to personalize offers
to customers by building a profile of customers purchasing history and
preferences. By tracking the web pages and product information that prospects
visit, companies can make targeted offers that reflect their interests.
- Customer Relationship: The Internet provides an important platform for building
relationships with customers and increasing customer retention levels. When a
customer has purchased a product from your online store, you can begin the
relationship by sending a follow-up email to confirm the transaction and thank
the customer. Emailing customers regularly with special, personalized offers
helps to maintain the relationship. You can also invite customers to submit
product reviews on your website, helping to build a sense of community.
- Flexibility: Online advertising is flexible, customizable, with online ad
space, an advertiser has a multiple options to get their content across. Unlike
TV, newspaper or radio, the advertiser can create written, still image and
video content when marketing to viewers. Whatever they feel will accurately get
their point across, they can do.
- The Internet is on the rise: Unlike print publications and radio outlets, the Internet is always growing. More and more people are gaining access to the Internet, and rely on it consistently for work purposes. Internet use will only continue to grow in the years ahead, with an increased interest in going digital. More consumers connecting online equals a greater chance one of them will see an ad. The rising usage in Internet is another reason online ads can reach a broader audience.
If you are thinking of advertising in Nigeria, please contact PoiseMedia Communications at www.poisemedianigeria.com or check our contact at the bottom of this blog. We can help you identify your market and reach them. We apply both BTL and ATL strategies to project our clients’ brands to the right audience. We can do same for you at very affordable price.
Business Development Officer
PoiseMedia Communications Ltd