Advertising as a whole plays a very vital role in the success of every business, as it also plays a role in today’s society. It has become a necessity for everyone‘s day to day life. Needless to say, the importance of advertising in our society cannot be over emphasized.
Let’s look at few importance of advertising in Nigeria;
- Product Introduction and Promotion: The primary objective of advertising is to get the word out that you have something innovating and exciting. It could be an upcoming entertainment event, cultural or religious event, a new product line, a political campaign, the expansion of an existing platform of services etc. When a business introduces a new product, advertising provides a means to make a large market and the public aware of the product.
- Product Breakthroughs: Advertising is used to communicate and illustrate dramatic product breakthroughs. Business communicates information about its operations, directions and location. It is also used to illustrate why a product is the best choice for consumers rather than other competitive products or services. This type of advertising is basically designed to increase sales. However, it is also structured to promote good image of the company or product putting the company ahead for future sales and reference.
- Educate the public: Advertising helps create target demographics’ awareness of some social and health issues like child labor, alcohol consumption, child marriage, rape, domestic violence smoking, family planning education, etc.
- Comparisons: Advertising invites your target audience to evaluate how your product or service measures up against your competitors; an example is the Harpic or Ariel household demonstration. This provides compelling visual evidence of which product performs a faster and more effective job of tackling stubborn stains.
- Reassurance: An ongoing advertising campaign is essential in reminding and reassuring your customers that you're still around, given the ever challenging economy where so many businesses and brands are folding up. Maintaining a strong presence through regular advertising of all sorts and a dynamic website is invaluable for long-term relationships.
- Esprit de corps: Also known as morale. Advertising brings a feeling of pride, fellowship, and common loyalty among members of an organization. For instance, when people ask employees about where they work, such employee will feel proud and happy talk about the organization they work for especially when great things are said about the company. Investing in an advertising plan keeps your business an active part of the conversational vocabulary and community buzz. Advertising also help generate positive feelings and name or brand recognition.
If you are thinking of advertising in Nigeria, please contact PoiseMedia Communications at www.poisemedianigeria.com or check our contact at the bottom of this blog. We can help you identify your market and reach them. We apply both BTL and ATL strategies to project our clients’ brands to the right audience. We can do same for you at very affordable price.
Business Development Officer
PoiseMedia Communications Ltd