Billboard advertising strategy is one of the oldest yet best forms of advertising in Nigeria. While some traditional advertising platforms are gradually dying, billboard will always be effective.
Billboard ad is still growing and very effective because it is seen by everyone who leaves their house.
Before we talk about the three suitable billboard ad strategies for any business let’s take a quick look at some benefits of billboards;
1. Billboards target your audience efficiently
2. Ads on billboards cannot be turned, flipped or switched off
3. It gives wide coverage for people that are always out door
4. It is also a necessity for your marketing Mix etc.
Billboard advertising strategies vary but I will like us to look at three major ones that are very effective for any business growth in Lagos, Nigeria.
- Billboards: Billboards comes in different shapes and sizes. While some billboards are built with multiple wooden poles, others are steel monopoles. Some billboards are single face displays - others are stacked back-to-backs. While there are different types of billboard structures, they all serve one main purpose; to display your advertisement so potential customers will see and respond.
- Mobile billboard: Mobile billboard ad is also very effective. It’s another major means of getting messages directly in front the people's eyes. Mobile billboard is effective because it is difficult to ignore. It is also a good way to generate and promote brand recognition. Mobile ad method is actually one effective and strategic advertising method one can use because it puts your brand right in the face of your consumers every day.
- Digital Billboards: Digital billboards are computer controlled electronic displays with technological capabilities that are taking outdoor advertising to a new level. Digital billboards are the most time sensitive and flexible form of outdoor advertising. It allows advertisers to change messages throughout the course of a day. They are flexible, time-Sensitive, efficient, and also targeted to Impact specific geographic and demographic audiences close to the point of sale.
If you are thinking of advertising in Nigeria, please contact PoiseMedia Communications at www.poisemedianigeria.com or check our contact at the bottom of this blog. We can help you identify your market and reach them. We apply both BTL and ATL strategies to project our clients’ brands to the right audience. We can do same for you at very affordable price.
Business Development Officer
PoiseMedia Communications Ltd