Think you have a great business or product? Unfortunately, no one's going to know about it unless you advertise. But by now, I'm sure that you don't need another article telling you that you need to advertise in order to grow your business. You already knew that.
The end of the year holiday season is upon us. So what makes it important to advertise in Lagos during this period? It’s not difficult to figure out if you live or have ever been to Lagos.
A lot of money is spent on products/services purchases in Nigeria during this period. Trading and sales increase exponentially especially in Lagos (the most populous city in Nigeria) which has an estimated population of over 21 million.
Considering that the number of businesses is Lagos is significantly high, what guarantee is there that your company’s sales will benefit from the increase in trading & sales this holiday period if you do not effectively advertise. This holiday season, potential customers are listening -- are you talking?
Let me try to help you understand why you should advertise in Lagos this holiday season.
1. Enhance your reputation: Effective advertising during this holiday can help neutralize negative publicity and PR. It can also position your company as a leader in your industry, and expose your competitors’ weaknesses while highlighting your strengths.
2. Help potential customers decide: About half of consumers purchase products/services within one week of deciding. This makes them susceptible to suggestions of options on finding the best deal. Advertising during this season helps them decide on patronizing your business.
3. Promote brand familiarity: Most consumers feel more comfortable buying familiar brands. Advertising this season adds consistency to your earlier advertising campaigns in the year by reinforcing the message of your business in their minds. It enables you reach them throughout their entire decision-making process and positions your business as the first familiar brand that comes to mind when they are ready to make a commitment.
4. Turn INTENTION to ACTION: Occasional advertising may help in terms of generating some awareness but not so much in terms of creating sales. Potential customers may know who you are, and may intend to use your products/services one day—but that’s not going to keep you in business. Consistent advertisements designed with a call-to-action encourage intending consumers to act now.
5. Educate customers about your business: A significant number of sales are lost simply because the consumer didn’t have enough knowledge of the product and all of their available options. Advertising this season educates the consumer about your service/product’s features and its benefits. Knowledgeable consumers save you time and money by comparison shopping first and often already know what they want reducing your direct selling costs, the costs associated with hiring additional salespeople, and the time spent selling it to them.
6. Gain advantage over competitors: Constant advertising gives your business an advantage over competitors who reduce or cease their advertising this season. Cutting your advertising sends a negative signal to those who actively patronize you.
7. Maintain awareness for your business: You have invested money in advertising that you stand to lose. If you stop advertising, everything you’ve invested becomes lost, as the consumer’s awareness you’ve purchased slowly dwindles away. Leverage on your business’ awareness this season and keep the flame burning to ignite your sales. Basically, if you don’t advertise frequently and effectively – you don’t exist.
If you are thinking of advertising in Nigeria, please contact PoiseMedia Communications at www.poisemedianigeria.com or check our contact at the bottom of this blog. We can help you identify your market and reach them. We apply both BTL and ATL strategies to project our clients’ brands to the right audience. We can do same for you at very affordable price.
Business Development Officer
PoiseMedia Communications Ltd